In 1793 the first Methodists settled in the Township of Herkimer, just two years after the establishment of Herkimer County. By 1799 the Herkimer Circuit, including Little Falls, had 25 preaching stations served by a circuit rider.
Growth was slow at first for both, but by 1838 Little Falls had erected a building on Third Street and Herkimer followed soon after with the church on the corner of Washington and Green Streets.
As the 1870's approached it was clear the congregations had outgrown their buildings and new structures were needed. The new church in Herkimer, at its present location, was completed at a cost of $39,000 and dedicated in 1874. The Little Falls church was completed in 1876 and cost $31,000.
In 1990 the members of the Little Falls congregation began to worship at the Herkimer church, and in 1992 the two churches agreed to merge.
Later the Little Falls church and parsonage were sold and the Herkimer parsonage was razed to make room for the new fellowship hall and
office complex. Many improvements were made to the building to make
it fully accessible.
Through the years the church has seen many changes, yet each Sunday the congregation celebrates with "Open Hearts, Open Minds and Open Doors" and strives to meet the spiritual needs of an ever-changing community.